|"Stand still and consider the wondrous works of God." Job 37:14|
Certified Wildlife Biologist
• Graduated with B.S. degree in wildlife management from University of Connecticut in 1972.
• Received M.S. in wildlife biology from University of Georgia in 1975.
• Worked for Georgia DNR Wildlife Resources Division since October 1976 (over 29 years), most of it as a Senior Wildlife Biologist.
• Compiled, analyzed, modeled deer harvest data for 59 WMAs (over 7,000 deer annually) in Georgia.
• Directly supervised 8 Wildlife Technicians and 6 WMAs totaling 150,000 acres with 900 acres of food plots in Northeastern GA.
• Published over 50 scientific papers and over 350 popular articles mostly on deer including 25 abstracts published at SEDSG meetings with 18 as senior author.
• Since 1999, published over 65 Plant Species Profiles columns for Quality Whitetails magazine.
• Received the Southeastern Director's award "Wildlife Biologist of the Year" for the year 2000. First ever recipient from Georgia.
• Received two "Best Game Paper" awards from the Southeastern Section of The Wildlife Society for papers presented at the 1975 and the 2000 Southeastern Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies Conferences.
• Received the 2005 Deer Management Career Achievement Award for Outstanding Contributions to White-tailed Deer Management in the Southeastern United States from The Deer Committee of the Southeastern section of the Wildlife Society. One of only 9 total recipients, most are professors.
• Senior Editor and major author of the 2006 Quality Food Plots book published by QDMA.
• Published his second book in 2010 entitled Deer & Turkey Management Beyond Food Plots.
• Currently a wildlife consultant with over 45 clients in the Southeast.
• Resides in Clermont, GA with his wife Freda and daughter Vanda.
Through Southern Heritage Land Company, Kent can offer clients a complete range of services including:
• Deer Management Plans
• Deer Habitat Quality Evaluations & Recommendations
• Quality Deer Management Techniques and Services
• Antler Restrictions Recommended for your Property
• Official Boone & Crockett and Pope & Young Scoring
• Harvest of Spikes Tailored to Your Property
• Food Plot Optimization
• Cool Season and Warm Season Food Plots
• Maximizing Protein in Food Plots
• Soil Test Recommendations
• Supplemental Feeding Recommendations
• Analysis of Deer Harvest Data
• Deer Aging from Jawbones
• Deer Spotlight Counts/Bow hunter Surveys
• Deer Population Modeling (Population Estimates)
• Harvest Recommendations per Square Mile
• Fertilization Recommendations for Native Vegetation
• Evaluation of Mineral/Salt Needs for Maximum Antler Growth
• Forest Management for Deer
• Quality Vegetation Management Techniques for Deer
• Wild Turkey Management
Back to Staff
Phone: 706-878-6159 (Cell)
Phone: 706-865-7636 (Home)
More Agents in Wildlife Biologist
» Kent Kammermeyer
view all of our service
areas contact info
| © 2003-2019 Southern Heritage Land Company, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Web Hosting by Maximtech
|Site Map | Disclaimer|